The University of Benin invites candidates who have chosen the institution as their First Choice in the 2024 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and attained a minimum qualifying score to apply for the Post-UTME Screening Exercise, which is a necessary step for admission to the university.
Furthermore, candidates who selected the University as their first choice in the 2024/2025 JAMB Direct Entry application are also encouraged to participate in the screening exercise.
For the academic session of 2023/2024 at the University of Benin, candidates were mandated to attain a minimum score of 200 to qualify for the post-UTME screening process.
To initiate the application, eligible candidates were instructed to remit a non-refundable fee of 2000 naira through the university’s online portal. The Screening Exercise is scheduled to be conducted using the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
UNIBEN Post UTME/DE Registration Requirements
- All candidates must have selected the University as their first choice in the 2024 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and achieved a minimum score.
- Candidates must possess the relevant O’level credit passes as per the University’s Entry Requirements before initiating the admission application.
- Candidates must score 200 and above to be eligible
How to Apply for Registration Process
- Visit www.uniben.edu Or waeup.uniben.edu
- On the UNIBEN.EDU SITE, Select Student Portal, Then The Waeup Portal.
Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before starting the application process (Please note: – not the cybercafe’s email).
- Click on Postgraduate Programmes Applications 2022/2023 (ALL PG APPLICATIONS)
- Click Register for application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
- Provide all necessary information. Note that * means compulsory fields.
- An immediate mail will be sent to the provided e-mail address.
- Open your mail to get your system-generated ID and Password that you will use to log in.
- On uniben.waeup.org click on ‘Login’ (top right of the front page).
- Enter your username and password from the mail to log in.
- To start the application process, please click on ‘Edit application record’, provide all required information, and upload a photograph of your passport.
- Upload a clear 1” x 1” COLOURED passport photograph with red background in JPEG format only.
- To pay for the Application, click on “Add online payment ticket” at the bottom of the page, then click on “Pay with Remita” on the top left corner of the page, follow the instructions to pay the application fee with an ATM-Enabled Verve or Master Card from any commercial Bank.
- Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application online.
- You cannot edit your application after submission.
- Print out the Application slip.
Significant Things to Note During Registration
- Candidates who upload incorrect or inconsistent bio-data will face automatic disqualification from the application process. Providing accurate and consistent information is imperative to avoid any adverse consequences in the selection process.
- NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay at the University of Benin. FAILURE TO UPLOAD THE SPECIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION AND FAILURE/FORFEITURE OF ADMISSION
Has the Post UTME Registration for 2024/2025 Started?
The University of Benin management has not officially released the Post UTME form and Direct Entry screening application form for the 2024/2025 academic session.
However, prospective candidates are advised to stay informed and regularly check this article for updates on the screening schedule and any additional requirements that need to be fulfilled.
Keep an eye out for official announcements from the university for accurate and timely information.