The Nigerian Army has announced the commencement of recruitment of the Direct Short Service for 2024.
TPI would love to inform its readers that the Nigerian Army 2024 DSS Recruitment application form has been released to the general public, and we would love to urge readers to take proper note of every piece of information outlined on this page if they want to make the final shortlist.
The recruitment exercise is categorized into Direct Short Service Courses (DSSC) and Regular Recruit Intake(RRI). The difference between the two categories is that the DSSC is for a short period.
Regardless of the category, the same procedure and portal, https://recruitment.army.mil.ng/, would be used in the application, so take proper note of all the steps outlined below before releasing the next application form to the general public.
- All applicants for the Nigerian Army DSS Recruitment must satisfy the following conditions.
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be medically, mentally, and physically fit according to NA standards.
- Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who are either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel applying must be free from any disciplinary case and endorsed by the applicant’s Commanding Officer/Commander.
- Applicants must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Possess a valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital, or Local Government Council or a valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants must present valid contact addresses and telephone numbers of parents/guardians and the Next of Kin as appropriate.
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendation from their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of Service sponsorship to tertiary academic institutions (where applicable). Additionally, they must have served for not less than five years.
- Candidates must not belong to any cult/society/fraternity.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years. Medical consultants could be between 25 and 40 by April 2024.
- Measure in height at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females).
- Candidates must not have any bodily inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates with the ability to swim will have an added advantage.
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND (where applicable) of not less than Lower Credit from any accredited institution of learning.
- Applicants must possess an NYSC discharge certificate or valid exemption certificate as appropriate.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant regulating bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Only Post-secondary academic credentials obtained from 2014 to date will be considered.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to Post-secondary).
|Minimium Application Age
|Maximium Application Age
|Minimium Education Grade
|Second Class – Lower Division
|Friday, 19 Jan 2024
|Friday, 23 Feb 2024
Is The Nigerian Army Recruitment Application Form Out?
Yes, the application form has been released for the DSSc recruitment exercise. The recruitment portal is active until February 23, 2024, the deadline for application.
How To Apply For The Nigerian Army DSS Recruitment Exercise
Application for the Nigerian Army recruitment exercise can be made via the online portal https://recruitment.army.mil.ng/military-secretary. Follow the procedures below to apply:
- Go online and visit the Nigerian Army (NA) webpage at recruitment.army.mil.ng.
- Choose the DSSC option from the page.
Note: (Once you submit an application for DSSC, you cannot apply for SSC or revert the action.)
- You will be redirected to a page where you can read the qualification criteria for the ongoing DSSC courses.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button for the DSSC corresponding to your qualification and Corps of choice.
- At the prompt, choose whether you currently serve or have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Select the appropriate option and proceed.
- If you do not have an account, click “Sign Up” (a verification will be sent to your email) or enter your login details if you already have an account and log in.
- Fill out the application form, ensuring all required information is accurately provided.
- Upload the following documents:
- Passport photograph.
- Educational certificates.
- Evidence of membership of any professional body.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
Steps After Application
- After applying online, make sure to print your photo slip.
- Sign the first page at any Court of Law, and the second page should be signed by your Local Government Chairman/Secretary or a military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or higher from your state.
- If you’re successful, you’ll have a written exam at assigned centers.
- Bring your printed application forms, including the photo slip, guarantor’s form, attestation form, etc., to the Exam Centers and the Selection Board during the interview.
Deadline For Nigerian Army DSS 2024 Application
Submit your application online by February 23, 2024.
For more information, call 08179269294 or 08109959294 daily between 8 am and 6 pm.
Note: The Nigerian Army application is free of charge, meaning there is no application fee.
What Is The Latest News On The Nigerian Army DSS Recruitment Exercise?
Get the latest news on Nigerian Army Recruitment right here! The application portal is recruitment.army.mil.ng, where you’ll find menus for SSC/DSSC and RRI applications.
The screening exercise is ongoing and will finish on February 23, 2024. If you have questions, drop them in the comments, and feel free to share this article with anyone interested in working with the Nigerian Army.
Note: We do not offer any application services.